Friday 6 August 2010

The Hills Aren't So Alive Any More


After what seemed like years of avoiding the hype of US reality TV series The Hills - its predecessor Laguna Beach having kindly passed me by - I finally succumbed to its charms last year. And boy have I been hooked to its vacuous drama ever since. So it was with a heavy heart that I bid the 6th, and final, season farewell. 


Though at least I can say I saw it off in true Hills style.
Arm in arm with my fellow showbiz journo Rebecca I headed to London's Haymarket Hotel for a MTV Hills Finale pool party with none other than Audrina Patridge herself. I've been to the Haymarket Hotel before to interview other famous faces - it's obviously a popular choice for US celebs when staying in the Big Smoke - but this was my first time there as a guest. And for a guest list party at that.
It wasn't difficult to spot Audrina. She was without doubt the tiniest girl there and constantly flanked by PRs for MTV in a bid to hoard off the overexcited fans (read TV journalists and MTV staffers).


With a never ending supply of 'Click Flash' cocktails on tap, designed exclusively by celebrity mixologist Jamie Stephenson for 1870, which are apparently a favourite of LC, Audrina and Co plus a brilliant display of sychronized swimming in the Haymarket pool and ice sculptures galore, it really was a celeb-tastic way to toast the Hills finale.


Ladies, you and your antics will be sorely missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment