Wednesday 1 September 2010

If Galaxy Did Beauty Treatments...


If you, like me, feel guilty at the thought of indulging your chocolate cravings – Whitney Port sure doesn’t look like she makes friends with Mr Cadbury all that often - Matis may well have found the answer. Their Sheer Delight Body Wrap.

Via We Heart It
Based on the beauty properties of oh-so-tasty cocoa – the magnesium, theobromine and polyphenol content claim to de-stress, invigorate and detox the body – this treatment coats the skin in a chocolate mousse that leaves you feeling silky smooth and distinctly lacking in cellulite. Hoorah!

I headed to celebrity beauty haunt Neville Hair and Beauty salon to be treated by the healing hands of therapist Hasti Parangi, a favourite of Claudia Schiffer and Lisa Snowdon.
After being guided to a tranquil treatment room above the two main floors of the achingly trendy hair salon, it was time for the pampering to begin.
Firstly Hasti rubbed an exfoliating gel over my skin to prime it for the main treatment. I consider all large-grain exfoliators the work of the devil so fell immediately in love with this gel, which was made up of soft beads that didn’t seem to touch, let alone irritate, my skin. After showering the gel off, it was time to choose a scented candle that would form the basis of a warm wax massage. I chose chocolate – if we’re going to do this, let’s do it properly! – and the melted wax was kneaded into my skin. Utter bliss.
Then for the piece de resistance. The powdered chocolate formula was mixed with warm water – imagine the consistency and smell of a choc brownie mix and you’re nearly there. The temptation to lick my own arms has never been greater. After leaving the chocolate treatment to work its moisturizing magic for twenty minutes, I showered for a second time and a new uber-smoothness to my skin was revealed.
It was noticeably softer and had a certain glow to it, which became even more noticeable when I showered that evening. 
In terms of its claims to banish cellulite and tone sagging skin, I'm not convinced - 20 minutes smothered in Angel Delight is no miracle cure. But I believe us ladies all deserve a spot of pampering every now and then, and this treatment is guaranteed to deliver that every time.


The Matis Sheer Delight Body Wrap is available at Fere Beauty within Neville Hair and Beauty Salon and other selected salons nationwide.

2 comments:

  1. :o NOM. You see now I just want to eat chocolate.... viscious cycle. x

    ReplyDelete